Dr. Michelle Parzatka Jennings
Native to the area, Dr. Jennings grew up in Hinsdale and graduated from Hinsdale Central High School.
After completing her undergraduate degree at Western Michigan University, she completed her dental school degree in 1989 at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry. She furthered her education at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, receiving her specialty degree in Periodontics in 1991. Since her graduation in 1991, Dr. Jennings has been in private practice at LaGrange Periodontics for over 30 years. Dr. Jennings is also a past Clinical Professor in Periodontics at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry.
Dr. Jennings attends regular dental meetings and specialty conferences in order to ensure she is providing the most advanced and modern treatment available. In addition, she has lectured for numerous dental and periodontal societies and serves on various dental committees.
Some areas of involvement include:
Past committee member for the Young Periodontist Committee of the American Academy of Periodontology
Past President of the Westside Branch of the Chicago Dental Society
Past President of the Illinois Society of Periodontists
- Past Committee Member for the Allied Health Committee of the Illinois State Dental Society
- Past member of the Board of Directors for the Chicago Dental Society
- Currently on the Mediation Committee and Peer Review Committee for the Chicago Dental Society
- Currently on the Illinois State Dental Society Board of Directors
- Currently on the Illinois State Dental Society Foundation Board of Directors
Laser certification for use of the Nd:YAG and Erbium lasers
Selected to the American College of Dentistry and The Academy of Dentistry International on ethics, professionalism and leadership
Past Clinical Professor of Periodontics at the University of Illinois, College of Dentistry
Besides her devotion and dedication to periodontics and treating her patients, she also takes great pride in being a mother of two wonderful children. When not involved with dentistry, Dr. Jennings enjoys running, fitness, sports and traveling. She is blessed with supportive family and friends.
Dr. Monica Babbitt-Tanquilut
Dr. Monica Babbitt grew up in the town of Bristol, Illinois, about 60 miles west of the city of Chicago.
In 1988, she graduated from Southern Illinois University with a degree in dental hygiene. While working part-time as a hygienist, she continued her education at University of Illinois in Chicago, where she earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in 1993 and her Doctorate Degree from the School of Dentistry in 1994. She completed her education at University of Nebraska in Lincoln with a surgical residency in Periodontology in 1997.
- Dr. Babbitt has been involved in the area of Periodontics for over 20 years.
- She has served as an Associate Clinical Professor, in the Department of Periodontology, at University of Illinois College of Dentistry, where she received the Faculty Development Award from the Department of Periodontics in 1999. She left teaching in 2001 due to the demands of a busy practice and her growing family.
- Her private practice involves all aspects of periodontal therapy, including non-surgical treatment of periodontal disease, placing dental implants and diagnosis of oral pathology.
- She is particularly interested in oral plastic surgery for aesthetic improvement and the medical implications from oral infection.
- She was instrumental in a research project through the National Institute of Health, which looked at the link between osteoporosis, post-menopause and periodontal disease.
Dr. Babbitt frequently attends continuing education courses, most recently regarding alternative medicine, implants and laser surgical techniques. She has also completed a proficiency certificate from the Academy of Laser Dentistry. In the last two years, she has attended 100+ hours of continuing education, which is over 3-times that required by the State of Illinois. She has been a member of the American Academy of Periodontology and the Midwest Society of Periodontology since 1998.
Dr. Farah Shakir
Originally from Wilmette, Dr. Shakir now resides in Chicago with her husband and two children.
She was awarded...
- The International College of Dentists Humanitarian Award
- American Student Dental Association Award of Excellence
- The American Academy of Periodontology Student Award
- Robert Savage Award
Dr. Farah Shakir is a Board Certified in Periodontics and Dental Implant Surgery. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Illinois and graduated cum laude. She then pursued a Master’s Degree in Biotechnology from Rush University. After returning back to the University of Illinois, she received her DMD, graduating with honors. She received her Certificate in Periodontics and Masters in Oral Sciences from the University of Illinois, Chicago.
She is currently a part time faculty member at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry overseeing the dental students. She is certified in IV sedation and continues to seek continual education courses. She enjoys microsurgical techniques and utilizes laser therapy. She is a member of the American Dental Association, the Illinois State Dental Society, The Chicago Dental Society, The American Academy of Periodontology, The Midwest Society of Periodontology and The Illinois Society of Periodontists. Dr. Shakir has been published in many dental journals.
While being active on many committees, Dr. Shakir has served as the president of the American Student Dental Association. She was also the recipient of the Albert Schweitzer Fellowship, where she spent a year working with Syrian refugees. Dr. Shakir is passionate about community service and enjoys donating her time to worthy causes. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, skiing and visiting family abroad. Not only is she fluent in Spanish, but Arabic as well.